Eyelash Extensions is a practice that enhances the length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. The extensions may consist of silk, mink, or synthetic hair. Methods of applying the extensions include full strips, clusters, and individual, and one-by-one extensions.
Semi-permanent lashes, also known as individual eyelash extensions, are eyelashes applied with an FDA approved adhesive with a stronger bond. Generally, a single lash is applied to each natural lash. When applied properly, neither the extension lash nor the glue should touch the eyelid. The bond is designed to last until the lashes naturally fall out, though the extensions may fall out faster if one uses oil-based eye makeup remover or rubs eyes regularly, as oil weakens the bond between the glue and the lash. Eyelash extensions create eyelashes that remain on for approximately 3-4 weeks with their natural growth and shedding cycle.
To keep the eyelashes full, one must maintain them by refilling monthly. Eyelash extensions are waterproof and give the appearance of having mascara on without the messy clumps and smudging of makeup
Eyelash extensions are great for everyday wear or special occasions. Eyelash extensions brighten and open your eyes. Eyelash extensions have gained a tremendous amount of popularity in the last couple of years because the look achieved is so natural. Whether you are looking for an everyday look, lashes for your wedding day or just a weekend away! Professionals have a perfected technique that will transform your look to WOW!
Applying eyelash extensions must be done properly. In doing this work, it must be done by someone who is experienced and has special expertise in the techniques to extend the eyelash. The people who are doing the work to extend the eyelash must master the proper technique, so that the eyelash can be installed correctly and properly installed, so it is natural looking. Applying eyelash extensions can be carried out by someone who has not an expert by following a course or training on how to do this job
It is important to take care of your new eyelash extensions. With proper care your natural lashes will remain healthy and strong. Some important points to remember on how to care for your eyelash extensions:
- Do not immerse lashes in heavy water for 12-24 hours (light mist is fine) – this will actually remove any chemicals from the glue and lessen any chance of reactions.
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes when in the shower – do not stand with your eyes/lashes directly under the shower head. After shower brush/comb gently through your lashes starting at the middle and going upwards. Do not comb from the root of the lashes – this may cause your natural lashes and extensions to be pulled out prematurely.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna immediately afterwards. Allow enough time for the glue to bond to the lashes.
- Do not rub your eyes/lashes.
- Sleep on your back! Not only good for the lashes but keeps wrinkles away.
- Keep lashes hydrated. Hydrated, conditioned lashes are happy lashes that will remain healthy and flexible and not dry out.
- Use water based eye makeup remover – a gentle liquid or foam wash with either a q-tip or lint free cotton pad.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler. This can cause lash breakage.
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely)