Gel nail polish is a new trend in nail fashion that offers a durable, pretty nail finish. Although it’s more expensive that traditional polish, many women like the benefits of this type of nail color. You can get this type of polish done in a salon, or try it at home if you have the proper supplies.
Gel nail polish has some benefits that standard nail polishes, even chip-resistant and fast-drying formulas, just don’t have.
- Quick drying: Gel polishes dry within a few minutes because of the use of the “curing” light. This quick drying feature is perfect for putting on closed-toe shoes after a pedicure. These lights are perfect for hardening gel polish without burning your skin.
- Extended wear: They can hold their shine and may last up to two to three weeks without marring or chipping.
Easy on, easy off is truly the motto for gel nail polish. Follow these instructions to quickly and easily remove gel nail polish.
- Soak a finger wrap in acetone. (Tip: It is wise to use a glass dish when working with acetone as it can erode plastic containers.)
- Wrap the area around the nail with the soaked wrap.
- Allow wrap to sit on the fingers for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slide the wrap off, removing the gel polish.
Note: For any spots the wrap missed, soak a cotton ball in acetone, hold on the affected areas for a few seconds, and gently wipe the color away.
Gel nail polish keeps your nail investment looking stylish with lots of
nice shine. Gel polishes may be more expensive, but many women feel the range of colors and long-lasting finish are worth the cost